The WA Government has announced the first round of grant recipients for its Community Rivercare Program, which will see $900,000 allocated to community groups over three years via the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
The funding will help deliver projects including foreshore restoration and riverbank erosion, reduction of nutrient inflows, native waterbird conservation, native fish habitat protection and restocking of native recreational fish species.
Grant projects which received funding in round one include:
Ellen Brook endangered native fish habitat enhancement;
- Bannister Creek and Canning River Regional Park boundary enhancement;
- Bardon Park environmental restoration works;
- Astley River Park foreshore restoration;
- Helena River restoration at north bank;
- Helena Valley restoration west of Scott Street;
- Attadale foreshore conservation and restoration of riparian vegetation; and
- Piesse Gully weed control and revegetation.
Source: WA Government