Police Minister Michelle Roberts announced a package of grants available for programs which tackle graffiti across the State.
Local governments and not-for profit organisations can apply for grants of up to $20,000 to implement initiatives which prevent, report and remove graffiti.
Projects which demonstrate the following crime prevention benefits will be given priority:
- Encourage and support local communities to take responsibility for graffiti clean-up;
- Provide sustainable local graffiti clean-up solutions;
- Reduce opportunities for graffiti offending by looking at improved design options for graffiti hotspot locations;
- Increase community awareness on reporting graffiti vandalism; and
- Support projects which decrease the number of juveniles who come into contact with the justice system.
The $200,000 package has been allocated from the Community Safety and Crime Prevention Partnership Fund budget.
Source: WA Government